We believe in these truths:
- The only true God, the almighty Creator of all things, existing eternally in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The unique divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness and authority of the Bible as interpreted through the life and servant model of Jesus Christ.
- The reality of sin and the guilt of all people subjecting them to God’s condemnation.
- Salvation by faith in Jesus Christ alone who assumed the judgment due sinners by dying in our place.
- The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit.
- The unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, manifest in worshiping and witnessing churches making disciples throughout the world.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead, and his future personal return in power and glory to judge the world and to receive the redeemed to eternal life.
We affirm the following:
The ordinances of the church
- Believer’s baptism by immersion as an act of obedience symbolizing the believer’s death to sin, the burial of the old life and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus
- The observance of the Lord’s Supper to remember the death of our Savior and his second coming. All believers are welcome at the table.
The priesthood of each believer
Each individual has personal access to God’s grace, equal standing in the government of the church, freedom to interpret and apply scripture under the leadership of the Holy Spirit, and equal responsibility to carry out the ministry of the church.
The autonomy of the local church
While Tabernacle cooperates with other groups who share our mission vision, we are not subject to the control of any other ecclesiastical body.
Religion must be freely exercised, neither advanced nor inhibited by government. We identify with our Baptist heritage and support the separation of church and state. A free church in a free state is the Christian ideal.
Women in ministry
Tabernacle ordained its first woman as a deacon in 1978 and our first woman to the Gospel ministry in 2007.
Our Baptist Affiliations
Tabernacle Baptist Church affiliates with the following organizations:
- Raleigh Baptist Association
- Baptist State Convention of North Carolina
- Cooperative Baptist Fellowship of North Carolina
- Southern Baptist Convention
- Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
Our budget plan allows members to choose the affiliates through which they will financially support state, national and international missions.